From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I eject an audio CD inside Gnome?
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 22:52:31
1 , though unproven, at 00:05 on Thursday 02 June 2011, Mick did opine thusly:
2
3 > On Tuesday 31 May 2011 14:45:47 Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 > > Apparently, though unproven, at 13:46 on Monday 30 May 2011, Mick did
5 > > opine
6 > >
7 > > thusly:
8 > > > e17 is the best desktop for me, because it is extremely light footed,
9 > > > has enough eye candy (if you need that) and it is relatively
10 > > > configurable. Until it becomes stable you'll need to compile it from
11 > > > svn.
12 > > >
13 > > > Alan, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "huge mind shift"?
14 > > > Unless my mind shifted and wasn't aware of it! :))
15 > >
16 > > I meant that for someone using e17 for the very first time they will find
17 > > something quite unfamiliar.
18 >
19 > I know what you're mean! I am still looking at the advanced Fonts config
20 > menu waiting for inspiration ... one day I hope it will make sense how
21 > that GUI is meant to work.
22
23 It sort of works something like this:
24
25 edje does themes, one of it's tricks is to have standard theme-able elements.
26 Title bars look like this, menu text looks like that, and so on The advanced
27 config lets you change these settings to be different to what is coded into
28 the theme in use.
29
30 Which is all very fine and dandy - the same approach would let you change the
31 images used for min, max, close buttons for example.
32
33 Except I've never actually seen the dialog DO something. I've fiddled with
34 various settings and ... nothing changes.
35
36 So I dunno. Maybe it's dead code and not a single dev has ever noticed.
39 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com