From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: Gentoo-User ML <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: howto recover gcc from another system
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:04:35
1 Am Fri, 25 Feb 2011 01:29:29 +0000 (UTC)
2 schrieb James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
3
4 > Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
7 > > > Besides gcc, what is a good list
8 > > > of critical software to use guickpkg
9 > > > as to keep backup binaries?
12 > > FEATURES="buildpkg sandbox fixpackages parallel-fetch --keep-going"
13 >
14 > I saw this (FEATURES="buildpkg") googling around.
15 >
16 > 1. What is a good list of software to use buildpkg on?
17 >
18 > 2. Once you decide those packages, where do you put
19 > the list?
20
21 AFAIK, there is no list that portage uses. However, maybe you could use
22 quickpkg for this? You could script it, e.g. write the list yourself (it also
23 accepts sets as input argument) and feed it to quickpkg periodically. Maybe
24 that or something similar would work for you?
25
26 > Surely I do not wish to use buildpkg on every installed
27 > package, a few or maybe the entire @system. I have not
28 > found the answer to [1] or [2].
29
30 You can restrict it to the system set by using buildsyspkg instead of buildpkg
31 (see make.conf(5)).
32
33 [...]
34