From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: howto recover gcc from another system
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 02:10:09
1 Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > Besides gcc, what is a good list
5 > > of critical software to use guickpkg
6 > > as to keep backup binaries?
9 > FEATURES="buildpkg sandbox fixpackages parallel-fetch --keep-going"
10
11 I saw this (FEATURES="buildpkg") googling around.
12
13 1. What is a good list of software to use buildpkg on?
14
15 2. Once you decide those packages, where do you put
16 the list?
17
18 Surely I do not wish to use buildpkg on every installed
19 package, a few or maybe the entire @system. I have not
20 found the answer to [1] or [2].
21
22 This is muddy, because supposedly the "profile"
23 is suppose to protect the key packages for --depclean ?
24 [2] default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop *
25
26 So is gcc protected somehow by the "profile"?
27 I think not......
30 Still googling but not find any clear answers,
31 mostly cruft from years ago....
34 James