From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error message in Xorg.log for intel xorg driver
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:35:15
1 On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 2:58 AM, Wolfgang Liebich
2 <Wolfgang.Liebich@×××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Furthermore yesterday I had a total lockup when I came to work at the
4 > morning --- could not login at kdm, kdm would ignore all keyboard
5 > input etc. I had to do a hard restart with the "Magic SysRQ" key
6 > (remount ro, hard reboot).
7
8 Do you have evdev installed? Without it, you probably won't have any
9 keyboard or mouse. Recent xorg made dramatic changes to the way
10 hardware is detected/configured by using HAL and evdev. xorg.conf is
11 basically unused now when it comes to configuring hardware. I don't
12 even have keyboard or mouse, or video modelines or anything like that
13 in mine. Search the list archives or the gentoo web forums, there are
14 many many people who had the same issues (assuming it's the cause of
15 yours).
16
17 Thanks,
18 Paul