From: Wolfgang Liebich <Wolfgang.Liebich@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Error message in Xorg.log for intel xorg driver
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:58:20
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm running a gentoo system on a computer with an intel onboard
4 graphics card. lspci says:
5 (snip)
6
7 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
8 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
9
10 OK - there are TWO PCI IDs for graphics cards here. I used 00:02.0 in
11 my xorg.conf.
12
13 My monitor is connected to the PC via the digital connector (not the
14 analog VGA connector, which is unused).
15
16 Everyting is working fine (mostly), BUT in my Xorg.log.0 I always find
17 following error messages (marked EE or WW):
21 (WW) intel: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) found
22
23 (EE) intel(0): First SDVO output reported failure to sync
24
25 (EE) intel(0): I830 Vblank Pipe Setup Failed 0
26
27 (EE) intel(0): Unable to write to SDVOCTRL_E for SDVOB Slave 0x70.
28
29 What do they mean? Can I get read of them? Is something wrong with my
30 setup?
31
32 Furthermore yesterday I had a total lockup when I came to work at the
33 morning --- could not login at kdm, kdm would ignore all keyboard
34 input etc. I had to do a hard restart with the "Magic SysRQ" key
35 (remount ro, hard reboot).
36
37 What's going on here?
38 - TIA - Wolfgang