From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] --depclean complains that a package is not installed but it is installed.
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 07:25:10
1 I run --depclean every once and a while to see if anything is not needed
2 anymore. Sort of do a little house cleaning. When I run it, it gives
3 me this message:
4
5 Calculating dependencies... done!
6 * Dependencies could not be completely resolved due to
7 * the following required packages not being installed:
8 *
9 * media-sound/phonon[-aqua] pulled in by:
10 * x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.1-r1
11 *
12 * Have you forgotten to run `emerge --update --newuse --deep @world` prior
13 * to depclean? It may be necessary to manually uninstall packages that
14 no longer
15 * exist in the portage tree since it may not be possible to satisfy their
16 * dependencies. Also, be aware of the --with-bdeps option that is
17 documented
18 * in `man emerge`.
19 root@fireball / #
20
21 I ran this just before the above:
22
23 root@fireball / # emerge -uvDNa world --with-bdeps y
24
25 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
26
27 Calculating dependencies... done!
28
29 Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 kB
30
31 Nothing to merge; would you like to auto-clean packages? [Yes/No] y
32 >>> Auto-cleaning packages...
33
34 >>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
35 root@fireball / #
36
37 So, nothing needs to be updated but yet --depclean complains about the
38 package not being installed. Here is the kicker:
39
40 root@fireball / # emerge -pv media-sound/phonon x11-libs/qt-webkit
41
42 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
43
44 Calculating dependencies... done!
45 [ebuild R ] media-sound/phonon-4.4.4 USE="vlc -debug -gstreamer
46 -pulseaudio -xine" 0 kB
47 [ebuild R ] x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.1-r1 USE="dbus exceptions jit
48 kde (-aqua) -debug -pch" 0 kB
49
50 Total: 2 packages (2 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kB
51 root@fireball / #
52
53 Yep, it's installed. Just for good measure, I rebuilt them with -1 and
54 it installed them just fine. Same message as before tho. Still
55 complains that a package is not installed.
56
57 Is this a bug or am I missing something, again. ;-)
58
59 Dale
60