From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: --depclean complains that a package is not installed but it is installed.
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 08:42:23
1 On 02/02/2011 09:23 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > I run --depclean every once and a while to see if anything is not needed
3 > anymore. Sort of do a little house cleaning. When I run it, it gives me
6 > Calculating dependencies... done!
7 > * Dependencies could not be completely resolved due to
8 > * the following required packages not being installed:
9 > *
10 > * media-sound/phonon[-aqua] pulled in by:
11 > * x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.1-r1
12 > *
13 > * Have you forgotten to run `emerge --update --newuse --deep @world` prior
14 > * to depclean? It may be necessary to manually uninstall packages that
15 > no longer
16 > * exist in the portage tree since it may not be possible to satisfy their
17 > * dependencies. Also, be aware of the --with-bdeps option that is
18 > documented
19 > * in `man emerge`.
20 > root@fireball / #
21 >
22 > I ran this just before the above:
23 >
24 > root@fireball / # emerge -uvDNa world --with-bdeps y
25
26 Not sure what's going on, but with weird errors it sometimes helped here
27 to unmerge the packages first and then running emerge world again. It's
28 as if portage needs to forget something first by unmerging it, and
29 re-emerging doesn't fix it.