From: "Stephan Müller" <fruktopus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone else having a problem with bash?
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 11:39:01
1 Am 06.07.2015 um 19:01 schrieb walt:
2 > My bash problem started a few weeks ago but I can't remember when.
3 > This problem is intermittent and hard to reproduce. I'm seeing it
4 > maybe less than ten times per day but often enough to be really
5 > annoying.
6 >
7 > This is the problem: occasionally bash gets in a state where it stops
8 > echoing the characters I type. The commands I type continue to work
9 > properly and I can see the output from them but I can't see the commands
10 > on the screen as I type them.
11 >
12 > So far I've seen this problem start *after* some bash command has
13 > finished executing, e.g. after doing 'git diff'. It never happens when
14 > I open a new xterm, before I run a command.
15 >
16 > I emerged app-shells/sash and I don't see the problem there, so I think
17 > this is a bash problem, but I'm just guessing.
18 >
19 > Any ideas?
20
21 As a wild guess into the blue, it could be related to readline. As I see gentoo's bash uses the standalone readline from coreutils, while the original bash source maintains an own trimmed version of readline.. just a thought
22
23 ~frukto