From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Anyone else having a problem with bash?
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 17:01:45
1 My bash problem started a few weeks ago but I can't remember when.
2 This problem is intermittent and hard to reproduce. I'm seeing it
3 maybe less than ten times per day but often enough to be really
4 annoying.
5
6 This is the problem: occasionally bash gets in a state where it stops
7 echoing the characters I type. The commands I type continue to work
8 properly and I can see the output from them but I can't see the commands
9 on the screen as I type them.
10
11 So far I've seen this problem start *after* some bash command has
12 finished executing, e.g. after doing 'git diff'. It never happens when
13 I open a new xterm, before I run a command.
14
15 I emerged app-shells/sash and I don't see the problem there, so I think
16 this is a bash problem, but I'm just guessing.
17
18 Any ideas?