From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange traffic says I am using windoze and have a bug.
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:16:59
1 The majority of *crap* hitting my firewall (in Oz) comes from China.
2 Use geoip && iptables to block China for a more peaceful life. Its not
3 as though there's any valuable sites there unless you have relatives or
4 a reason to access something there! Taiwan and Hong Kong have also been
5 suggested as sources, but so far they are not even close to the biggie.
6 As a side effect, as well as messenger spam, it blocks large numbers of
7 other malicious scans/probes/*crap* - enough do this and it might
8 convince the relevant authorities to clean up their own backyard ...
9
10 BillK