From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange traffic says I am using windoze and have a bug.
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:54:13
1 On 26 Dec 2005, at 11:17, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, I did go to the site but it was *after* I got the traffic.
4 > How did they find me to begin with? I assume it was just a random
5 > hit. Sort of like a shot in the dark.
6
7 They just automate sending of these messenger service spams. Send
8 them to every IP in a range, that sort of thing. It might be a wake-
9 up call to take a look at your security setup in general, but don't
10 worry about this particular aspect.
11