From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT triple display
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 19:19:25
1 On 2012-11-02 19:42, James wrote:
2
3 <snip> all over...
4
5 > I want it to be AMD-Gigabyte system. I've settled
6 > on the new FX8350 processor. I ran across this mobo:
7 >
8 > "Triple Display Support – AMD Eyefinity
9 > GIGABYTE FM2 series motherboards are the first to take advantage
10 > http://www.gigabyte.us/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=1160
11
12 > Any feedback on the triple head AMD FX8350 system would be
13 > appreciated.
14
15 The FX8350 is a AM3+ platform cpu, it will not fit a FM2 motherboard.
16 You need an FM2 cpu for an FM2 motherboard or you get an AM3+
17 motherboard with the FX8350. The FX8350 does not contain a GPU like the
18 FM2 cpu (or APU as AMD like to call them).
19
20 HTH
21
22 Best regards