From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng filtering
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:00:20
1 On Mar 16, 2010, at 6:22 PM, Ralph Slooten wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > Has anyone here worked out how to filter out syslog messages using syslog-ng v3? The old syntax doesn't work (well complains bitterly about performance and says to use regex), and no matter what I try I cannot get the new syntax to work :-/ I have a syslog-ng server which logs to MySQL for multiple clients in a network, however the database just keeps growing with irrelevant data I'd prefer to just quietly ignore on the server side.
8 I just started with the example at:
9
10 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Syslog-ng
11