From: Ralph Slooten <axllent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng filtering
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:24:28
1 Hi all,
2
3 Has anyone here worked out how to filter out syslog messages using syslog-ng
4 v3? The old syntax doesn't work (well complains bitterly about performance
5 and says to use regex), and no matter what I try I cannot get the new syntax
6 to work :-/ I have a syslog-ng server which logs to MySQL for multiple
7 clients in a network, however the database just keeps growing with
8 irrelevant data I'd prefer to just quietly ignore on the server side.
9
10 I'm trying to filter out (exclude) messages such as:
11 (root) CMD (/root/bin/vmware-checker)
12 and
13 (root) CMD (test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons && /usr/sbin/run-crons )
14
15 ==============
16 filter myfilter {
17 not match("regex" value("\/usr\/sbin\/run-crons"))
18 and not match("regex" value("vmware-checker"));
19 }
20 log {
21 source(src);
22 source(remote);
23 filter(myfilter);
24 destination(d_mysql);
25 };
27
28 However they just keep coming through the filter (ie: not matching the "not
29 match" filter). I've tried escaping the slashes, not escaping them ... even
30 partial words, but I obviously am missing something somewhere.
31
32 Anyone have any ideas?
33
34 Thanks in advance,