From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Audacious annoyance (special chars)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 22:32:37
1 Hi All,
2
3 I've just noticed that my audacious will not play songs with special
4 characters in the filename (ie: acute and grave accents, umlauts, cedillas
5 etc) no matter how I try. Needless to say, this is very annoying as I have a
6 lot of 'world music' that uses such characters.
7
8 Can audacious be coerced into playing these songs? I should perhaps note that
9 konqueror and even konsole display the characters just fine. The problem
10 appears to be solely with audacious.
11
12 Version is 1.5.1-r1, USE flags are: 'chardet nls session sse2'
13
14 Thanks in advance
15
16 -d
17 --
18 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
19 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
20 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972