From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this a bug in equery
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 04:15:20
1 On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 20:02 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I'm trying to learn equery since qpkg is being laid to rest. However
3 > I'm finding the hints that appear when you syntax is wrong very
4 > confusing.
5
6 I have opened bug #113423
7
8 Does the following make more sense to you:
9
10 $ ./equery files --type vim-6.4
11 [ Searching for packages matching vim-6.4... ]
12 !!! Invalid syntax: missing operator
13 !!! If you want only specific versions please use one of
14 !!! the following operators as prefix for the package name:
15 !!! > >= = <= <
16 !!! Example to only match gcc versions greater or equal 3.2:
17 !!! >=sys-devel/gcc-3.2
18 !!!
19 !!! Note: The symbols > and < are used for redirection in the shell
20 !!! You must enclose the package name in quotation marks, if either
21 !!! of these characters are used
22
23 Regards,
24 Paul