From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is this a bug in equery
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 01:11:30
1 I'm trying to learn equery since qpkg is being laid to rest. However
2 I'm finding the hints that appear when you syntax is wrong very
3 confusing.
4
5 Her is an example:
6
7 equery files --type vim
8
9 Gives the expected results
10
11 but if you add a version number things get very confusing
14 equery files --type vim-6.3
15
16 equery files --type vim-6.3
17 [ Searching for packages matching vim-6.3... ]
18 !!! Invalid syntax: missing operator
19 !!! If you want only specific versions please use one of
20 !!! the following operators as prefix for the package name:
21 !!! > >= = <= <
22 !!! Example to only match gcc versions greater or equal 3.2:
23 !!! >=sys-devel/gcc-3.2
26 OK following the example give doesn't work:
27
28 equery files --type >=app-editors/vim-6.3
29 -bash: =app-editors/vim-6.3: No such file or directory
30
31 OR
32
33 equery files >=app-editors/vim-6.3
34 -bash: =app-editors/vim-6.3: No such file or directory
35
36 That was following EXACTLY the given directions.
37
38 It appears one needs to quote that kind of query like:
39 equery files ">=app-editors/vim-6.3"
40
41 So that is what the directions need to say.
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list