From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dependency conflict. openjpeg ffmpeg
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 08:47:18
1 John Campbell wrote:
2 > On 06/14/2014 10:10 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Well, I have 16Gbs here. I'm not lacking for memory. If memory prices
5 >> were to drop a bit, I could upgrade some more. I'd have to swap out
6 >> what I have tho. Old mobo would only take 4GB sticks and this new one
7 >> will take 8GB sticks.
8 >
9 > Unless you have a specific reason for keeping both x32 and 64 ABIs I'd
10 > suggest changing to ABI_X86="32 64" globally in /etc/make.conf (or
11 > /etc/portage/make.conf). It's a lot easier than waiting for the next
12 > conflict. Then do "emerge --new-use --deep @world" and you're done.
13 > There shouldn't bee too many packages that need rebuilding.
17 I put that in make.conf and get this:
18
19 # required by sys-fs/eudev-1.7[gudev]
20 # required by @selected
21 # required by @world (argument)
22 =dev-libs/glib-2.40.0 ~amd64
23
24 Does it make sense to keyword that? Isn't that the package that once
25 upgraded you can't go backward? I'm just double checking that this all
26 makes sense. < scratches head >
27
28 Dale
29
33 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!