From: John Campbell <jdc.rpv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dependency conflict. openjpeg ffmpeg
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 06:13:22
1 On 06/14/2014 10:10 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > John Campbell wrote:
3 >> On 06/14/2014 07:10 PM, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I don't have a env directory in /etc/portage and there is no
6 >>> openjpeg-1.3-r2 available in the tree. I sort of think I know what you
7 >>> are talking about tho. I need to create that directory structure for
8 >>> openjpeg-1.4-r1 and put ABI_X86="32 x32" in the file.
9 >>
10 >> Sorry, I mistyped the version number.
11 >
12 > Ahh. I was curious and thought about that. That version is mentioned
13 > in the error tho so I wasn't sure. I wonder tho, can I add that file
14 > and not have a version at all? Sort of like I do in package.keywords
15 > etc etc.
16
17 Yes, you can skip the version number. It should be just like the
18 package.* directories but for env(ironment) variables. It wouldn't
19 suprise me if someone renamed it to package.env someday like they did
20 from package.keywords to package.accept_keywords.
21
22 > Well, I have 16Gbs here. I'm not lacking for memory. If memory prices
23 > were to drop a bit, I could upgrade some more. I'd have to swap out
24 > what I have tho. Old mobo would only take 4GB sticks and this new one
25 > will take 8GB sticks.
26
27 Unless you have a specific reason for keeping both x32 and 64 ABIs I'd
28 suggest changing to ABI_X86="32 64" globally in /etc/make.conf (or
29 /etc/portage/make.conf). It's a lot easier than waiting for the next
30 conflict. Then do "emerge --new-use --deep @world" and you're done.
31 There shouldn't bee too many packages that need rebuilding.