From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSL CUPS and SMTP on port 587
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 20:24:09
1 > >>> My ISP (Cox) blocks outgoing port 25 so I can't submit mail to my
2 > >>> remote mail server. From what I understand, port 587 is commonly used
3 > >>> to get around this. Can I have postfix listen on port 25 and port
4 > >>> 587? Has anyone set that up?
5 > >> I do it slightly differently: I leave an SSH connection from my box to
6 > >> the mail server, which maps some local port to port 25 on the mail
7 > >> server, and send all my mail to the local port.
8 > >
9 > > Yeah I think I'll do that if port 587 doesn't work out. From what I
10 > > understand, using 587 in this way is somewhat of a standard?
11 >
12 > In your master.cf uncomment the following lines and then restart
13 > Postfix. It should just work if you already have TLS setup.
14 >
15 > smtps inet n - n - - smtpd
16 > -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes
17 >
18 > kashani
19
20 I uncommented the above line and added the following to main.cf:
21
22 smtpd_tls_security_level = may
23
24 as instructed here:
25
26 http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#server_enable
27
28 and restarted postfix, but I still can't send. In claws-mail, I tried
29 specifying 587 and I'm specifying Use SSL for SSMTP. I'm guessing TLS
30 isn't set up properly?
31
32 - Grant
33 --