From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSL CUPS and SMTP on port 587
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:35:24
1 Grant wrote:
2 > I uncommented the above line and added the following to main.cf:
3 >
4 > smtpd_tls_security_level = may
5 >
6 > as instructed here:
7 >
8 > http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#server_enable
9 >
10 > and restarted postfix, but I still can't send. In claws-mail, I tried
11 > specifying 587 and I'm specifying Use SSL for SSMTP. I'm guessing TLS
12 > isn't set up properly?
13
14 You need more than that. My /etc/postfix/main.cf looks like this and
15 you'll need to create the actual certs listed below as well. I recommend
16 smtpd_tls_auth_only so that anyone trying to smtp auth is required to do
17 it over an encrypted session.
18
19 # TLS stuff
20 smtpd_tls_security_level = may
21 smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
22 smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/newkey.pem
23 smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/newcert.pem
24 smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/cacert.pem
25 #smtpd_tls_loglevel = 3
26 #smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
27 smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
28 tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
29
30 Additionally check to see what port Postfix is listening on. It's on
31 port 465 on my server and you'll need to set your mail client to SSL
32 rather than TLS.
33
34 kashani
35 --