From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's future directtion ?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 00:30:54
1 On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 7:12 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 11/24/2014 12:24 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >>> * kickban major assholes from the community, no matter how efficient
4 >>> they are
5 >>
6 >> Proposals welcome. Hint, things will go much better if you volunteer
7 >> to do the work the assholes are doing... It isn't like we aren't all
8 >> tired of this stuff, but if we go booting half the devs then the
9 >> distro will basically die.
12 > That's actually an argument FOR my proposal of being more distributed
13 > and shrinking the dev community.
14 >
15 > In such a scenario we would not need 200 "gentoo developers" anymore.
18 Sure, but my point is that the way to fix this is:
19 1. Set up new distributed model.
20 2. Work in the new model successfully for a while.
21 3. Retire developers who are no longer needed since they won't be
22 doing anything anyway.
23
24 And not:
25 1. Stop recruiting new devs.
26 2. Watch attrition get rid of existing devs.
27 3. Work on new distributed model that may or may not ever take off.
28 4. Hope that Gentoo doesn't die in the meantime.
31 Rich