From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pending layman directory "relocation"
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 19:05:25
1 On 2010-03-01 1:08 PM, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
2 > So layman users choosing alternative A. now may want to add a step;
3 > after moving the directory, put a soft link in the /usr/local/portage
4 > pointing to the new location; i.e.
5 >
6 > cd /usr/local/portage; ln -s /var/lib/layman layman
7
8 Thanks, I was planning on doing the same thing and glad to be validated...
9
10 Question: the news itme also mentioned the reason as something like
11 'layman violates the general rule that nothing in portage should touch
12 anything in /usr/local'...
13
14 Well... my local overlays (that I set up a long time ago) are there...
15 and portage obviously 'touches' those, so... should I move them as well?
19 Charles