From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: for list <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Pending layman directory "relocation"
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:09:47
1 (this is a rather obvious fix...)
2
3 eselect news has a new notice, advising of the pending change of the
4 presumed location of the layman directory from /usr/local/portage/layman
5 to /var/lib/layman. It offers three ways to deal with this location
6 change. I chose alternative A. (actually moving the directory and
7 updating make.conf and layman make.conf) and wanted to do it before I
8 forgot about it.
9
10 However, until layman is actually upgraded to version 1.3x, the
11 script/executable will reference /usr/local/portage/layman and fail. So
12 layman users choosing alternative A. now may want to add a step; after
13 moving the directory, put a soft link in the /usr/local/portage pointing
14 to the new location; i.e.
15
16 cd /usr/local/portage; ln -s /var/lib/layman layman
17
18 HTH