From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: I'm in a Pickle
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 02:25:21
1 On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Colleen Beamer wrote:
6 > Thanks for this!
7 >
8 > Regards,
9 >
10 > Colleen
14 > This may help too.  This is from a post Neil made a long time ago:
15 >
16 > [QUOTE]
17 >
18 > Hold down Atl, hold down SysRq, press each of the keys in turn. The usual
19 > full sequence is R-E-I-S-U-B
20 >
21 > Reboot
22 > Even
23 > If
24 > System
25 > Utterly
26 > Broken
27 >
28 > [END QUOTE]
29 >
30 > Don't forget to build support in the kernel too. I think this is the only
31 > one needed:
32 >
33 > root@fireball / # zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i sysrq
34 > CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y
35 > root@fireball / #
36 >
37 > Usually I only get to about the E or I then I get a console. Getting the
38 > processes sorted out is the hard part tho. At least you can do a clean
39 > shutdown and reboot tho.
40 >
41 > Hope that helps.
42 >
43 > Dale
44 >
45 > :-)  :-)
48 > --
49 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
50 > you interpreted my words!
51 >
52 > Miss the compile output? Hint:
53 > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"
54
55 Being that this is the third time the xorg drivers issue has cropped
56 up in the last week, I put together another blog post for it.
57
58 http://funnybutnot.wordpress.com/2011/12/25/xorg-updating-from-1-10-to-1-11-and-fixing-your-system/
61 :wq