From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: I'm in a Pickle
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 02:38:41
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Colleen Beamer wrote:
7 >> Thanks for this!
8 >>
9 >> Regards,
10 >>
11 >> Colleen
15 >> This may help too. This is from a post Neil made a long time ago:
16 >>
17 >> [QUOTE]
18 >>
19 >> Hold down Atl, hold down SysRq, press each of the keys in turn. The usual
20 >> full sequence is R-E-I-S-U-B
21 >>
22 >> Reboot
23 >> Even
24 >> If
25 >> System
26 >> Utterly
27 >> Broken
28 >>
29 >> [END QUOTE]
30 >>
31 >> Don't forget to build support in the kernel too. I think this is the only
32 >> one needed:
33 >>
34 >> root@fireball / # zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i sysrq
35 >> CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y
36 >> root@fireball / #
37 >>
38 >> Usually I only get to about the E or I then I get a console. Getting the
39 >> processes sorted out is the hard part tho. At least you can do a clean
40 >> shutdown and reboot tho.
41 >>
42 >> Hope that helps.
43 >>
44 >> Dale
45 >>
46 >> :-) :-)
49 >> --
50 >> I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
51 >> you interpreted my words!
52 >>
53 >> Miss the compile output? Hint:
54 >> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"
55 > Being that this is the third time the xorg drivers issue has cropped
56 > up in the last week, I put together another blog post for it.
57 >
58 > http://funnybutnot.wordpress.com/2011/12/25/xorg-updating-from-1-10-to-1-11-and-fixing-your-system/
61 This happens every time another version of xorg goes stable. I have to
62 admit, I forgot to recompile mine too. I noticed the upgrade but forgot
63 to re-emerge the drivers. I doubt this will change anytime soon
64 either. We are human and emerge doesn't do it automagically, yet.
65
66 Maybe I need to add that to my sig. lol
67
68 Dale
69
73 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
74
75 Miss the compile output? Hint:
76 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"