From: jason@×××××××××××.ca
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ath0 startup problem
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:19:14
1 That was me trying to set this up last week :-)
2
3 > jason@×××××××××××.ca wrote:
4 >> Greetings,
5 >>
6 >> I am following this guide...
7 >>
8 >> http://gentoo-wiki.com/Madwifi_Wireless_Access_Point
9 >>
10 >> ...to setup my gentoo system as a wireless access point. I have it all
11 >> setup and everthing is working, however, when I boot up my gentoo system
12 >> it says...
16 >> Bringing up interface ath0
17 >> starting wpa_supplicant on ath0
18 >> ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: invalid argument
19 >> Could not configure driver to use managed mode
20 >>
21 >> Starting wpa_cli on ath0...
22 >> Backgrounding
23 >> WARNING:net.ath0 has started, but is inactive
27 >> I think something must be configured the wrong way. How do I fix this? I
28 >> think I want "master mode" not "managed mode"
29 >>
30 >> I think this problem may have to do with the fact I am using baselayout
31 >> 2.0.0 but am not totally sure.
32 >>
33 >> What does "ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: invalid argument" mean?
34 >>
35 >> What does "inactive" mean?
36 >>
37 >> Again, everything is working so this isn't a major problem but I would
38 >> still like to fix it.
39 >>
40 >> Thanks
41 >>
42 >> Jason
48 > I'm not sure if this will help but I did a little googleing for ya.
49 > Look at the last post on this one.
50 >
51 > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/169035
52 >
53 > Hope that helps or some guru will come help.
54 >
55 > Dale
56 >