From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ath0 startup problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 23:28:08
1 jason@×××××××××××.ca wrote:
2 > Greetings,
3 >
4 > I am following this guide...
5 >
6 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/Madwifi_Wireless_Access_Point
7 >
8 > ...to setup my gentoo system as a wireless access point. I have it all
9 > setup and everthing is working, however, when I boot up my gentoo system
10 > it says...
14 > Bringing up interface ath0
15 > starting wpa_supplicant on ath0
16 > ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: invalid argument
17 > Could not configure driver to use managed mode
18 >
19 > Starting wpa_cli on ath0...
20 > Backgrounding
21 > WARNING:net.ath0 has started, but is inactive
25 > I think something must be configured the wrong way. How do I fix this? I
26 > think I want "master mode" not "managed mode"
27 >
28 > I think this problem may have to do with the fact I am using baselayout
29 > 2.0.0 but am not totally sure.
30 >
31 > What does "ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: invalid argument" mean?
32 >
33 > What does "inactive" mean?
34 >
35 > Again, everything is working so this isn't a major problem but I would
36 > still like to fix it.
37 >
38 > Thanks
39 >
40 > Jason
46 I'm not sure if this will help but I did a little googleing for ya.
47 Look at the last post on this one.
48
49 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/169035
50
51 Hope that helps or some guru will come help.
52
53 Dale
54