From: Danis Petkakis <dpetka2001@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel 2.6.22-r9 installation problems
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 04:35:08
1 i think that "sda" option might be removed for newer kernels and that you
2 should go along
3 with "hdx"...when you boot and you get the grub screen choose the entry of
4 your new kernel
5 and type "e" so that you can edit that entry...then you have to choose the
6 appropriate root
7 partition to boot with...i think that pressing "tab" button will show you
8 the available options even
9 when you're in edit mode...otherwise you should boot for example with the
10 new knoppix livecd and
11 see how your partitions are recognized...
12