From: Nick Khamis <symack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Error Message When Loading into Gnome
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 17:30:09
1 Hello Everyone,
2
3 Please disregard any previous emails from me, I was using a differnt
4 computer to send emails then my almost alive gentoo box (can't wait)
5
6 Just a few porblems with this fresh install:
7
8 When logging into gnome I presented with the follwoing messagebox:
9
10 There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.
11 Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work
12 correctly.
13 The Settings Daemon restarted too many times.
14 GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log in.
15
16 services hald is started and dbus is started
17
18 another error is when issuing a:
19 su root
20 nautilus
21
22 I am getting
23
24 (nautilus:11539): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Unable to create ~/.gnome2
25 directory: No such file or directory
26 Could not create per-user gnome configuration directory `d/.gnome2/': No
27 such file or directory
30 Logging into gnome using root (I know is not advised), I am reciving many
31 error that look similar to:
32
33 `d/.gnome2/': No such file or directory
34
35 Your patience and help is greatly appreciated,
36 Ninus,