From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] More problems with Pidgin
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:56:05
1 I decided to move on from Gaim, since it is now masked. So I emerged pidgin,
2 backed up ~/.gaim, unmerged gaim and tried to launch pidgin . . .
3
4 Hmm, it seems that I can launch /usr/bin/finch, that brings up an ncurses
5 interface, but not pidgin. There is no pidgin binary! Have I missed out
6 some necessary USE flag perhaps?
7
8 $ pidgin
9 -bash: pidgin: command not found
10
11 # ls -la /usr/bin/pidgin
12 ls: cannot access /usr/bin/pidgin: No such file or director
13
14 # emerge -pDv pidgin
15
16 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
17
18 Calculating dependencies... done!
19 [ebuild R ] net-im/pidgin-2.2.1 USE="dbus gstreamer ncurses nls perl
20 spell -bonjour -debug -doc -eds -gadu -gnutls -groupwise -gtk -meanwhile -networkmanager -prediction -qq -sasl -silc -tcl -tk -zephyr"
21 0 kB
22
23 Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick