From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More problems with Pidgin
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:08:56
1 On Feb 5, 2008 2:54 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I decided to move on from Gaim, since it is now masked. So I emerged pidgin,
3 > backed up ~/.gaim, unmerged gaim and tried to launch pidgin . . .
4 >
5 > Hmm, it seems that I can launch /usr/bin/finch, that brings up an ncurses
6 > interface, but not pidgin. There is no pidgin binary! Have I missed out
7 > some necessary USE flag perhaps?
8 >
9 > $ pidgin
10 > -bash: pidgin: command not found
11 >
12 > # ls -la /usr/bin/pidgin
13 > ls: cannot access /usr/bin/pidgin: No such file or director
14 >
15 > # emerge -pDv pidgin
16 >
17 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
18 >
19 > Calculating dependencies... done!
20 > [ebuild R ] net-im/pidgin-2.2.1 USE="dbus gstreamer ncurses nls perl
21 > spell -bonjour -debug -doc -eds -gadu -gnutls -groupwise -gtk -meanwhile -networkmanager -prediction -qq -sasl -silc -tcl -tk -zephyr"
22 > 0 kB
23 >
24 Maybe +gtk ?
27 What does "equery f pidgin" say? (If you don't have equery, emerge gentoolkit).
28
29 > Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
30 > --
31 > Regards,
32 > Mick
35 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list