From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA wizard...
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 21:02:08
1 On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 9:11 PM Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:02 PM Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > ><SNIP>
7 > >
8 > > I need the "virtual" card to be the default, so I did this:
11 > Did you attempt making the virtual card default by defining it in /etc/asound.conf? I'm not sure how Alsa will feel about doing that but I think that's probably preferred if you can...
12
13 No, I didn't. I suppose it's the same.
14 >
15 > <SNIP>
16 >
17 > > What I cannot do is to coax discord into working. Maybe discord
18 > > doesn't expect ALSA's defaults after all?
19 > > Anyone familiar with discord? (No gamers?)
20 >
21 > Sorry but I've never heard of discord before this thread but I'm tragically unhip so it's not surprising.
22
23 Well, the thing is for gamers (which I'm not, not even close) but is
24 used for other purposes also. I need it for work :(
25 >
26 Thanks
27
28 Jorge