From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA wizard...
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 20:11:06
1 On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:02 PM Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
2 ><SNIP>
3 >
4 > I need the "virtual" card to be the default, so I did this:
7 Did you attempt making the virtual card default by defining it in
8 /etc/asound.conf? I'm not sure how Alsa will feel about doing that but I
9 think that's probably preferred if you can...
10
11 <SNIP>
12
13 > What I cannot do is to coax discord into working. Maybe discord
14 > doesn't expect ALSA's defaults after all?
15 > Anyone familiar with discord? (No gamers?)
16
17 Sorry but I've never heard of discord before this thread but I'm tragically
18 unhip so it's not surprising.