From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: grub2 multiple kernels
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:15:26
1 Lee <ny6p01 <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > I am using grub2 also, but on another distro, with multiple
4 > kernels/partitions. I don't have a lot of firsthand knowledge, because not
5 > having a lot of patience, I usu just drop to the grub cli.
6 > However, IIRC there is a grub2 command called update-grub that scans all
7 > your boot sectors on all your devices. At least that's the way its
8 _sposed_ > to work - ymmv.
9
10 Yes, I read about update-grub, but it must be part of an additional packages,
11 as I cannot find it (using whereis as root) ?
12
13 On gentoo, which packages contains the update-grub command?
14 Or is "grub2-mkconfig " the same command ?
15
16 James