From: Michael Cook <mcook@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to wake up gdm
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 19:30:43
1 On 06/29/2014 03:20 PM, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 22:36:14 +0300
5 >> Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> Are you sure that you need gdm at all?
8 >>
9 >> Yes, `startx` doesn't work well in GNOME 3 for a lot of people; so,
10 >> unless one attempts to cover what the login manager sets up, I don't
11 >> think that a plain call with a plain `exec gnome-session` will work.
12 >>
13 >> It for example needs the *-launch things between exec and gnome-session.
14 >
15 > So, What can I do aside from restarting gdm after it goes to sleep or
16 > whatever its doing after a few minutes? Also, I did try startx and I
17 > did get a session and it seems to work, although I have not tested
18 > extensively.
21 What are your settings under the Power settings in the settings app? I
22 have Blank screen: 5 minutes and Automatic suspend: Off (there are no
23 other settings under Suspend & Power Off)