From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to wake up gdm
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 19:20:38
1 Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 22:36:14 +0300
4 > Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Are you sure that you need gdm at all?
7 >
8 > Yes, `startx` doesn't work well in GNOME 3 for a lot of people; so,
9 > unless one attempts to cover what the login manager sets up, I don't
10 > think that a plain call with a plain `exec gnome-session` will work.
11 >
12 > It for example needs the *-launch things between exec and gnome-session.
13
14 So, What can I do aside from restarting gdm after it goes to sleep or
15 whatever its doing after a few minutes? Also, I did try startx and I
16 did get a session and it seems to work, although I have not tested
17 extensively.
21 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
22 How do
23 you spend it?
24
25 John Covici