From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT]:Evolution/OpenOffice spell checking not working
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 01:32:05
1 Hi,
2 On my dad's machine - 350 miles remote from me - he reports that
3 spell checking has ceased to work. In Evolution the option to check is
4 grey'ed out. In Open Office he says it acts like it's spell checking
5 but isn't doing anything and completes with spelling mistakes.
6
7 I took a quick look in the forums but didn't spot anything very
8 similar. Since this is OO-bin it's not like I do anything to add spell
9 checking with USE flags.
10
11 The environment is Gnome. The problem has been around in Evolution
12 for awhile (since before his gcc-4.1.1. upgrade of last week) but is
13 apparently new Open Office or at least this is the first I've heard
14 about it.
15
16 Is spell checking something that is provided by Gnome or is it
17 driven by each application?
18
19 Any config options I should go looking for?
20
21 Thanks in advance,
22 Mark
23 --