From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is a USB-key-to-hard-drive-tap-dance-boot possible?
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 18:24:28
1 On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 11:41:03 -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > After 20 years on linux, I've been reduced to a newbie. BIOS boot,
4 > Lilo, and fdisk served me well for 2 decades. Now I'm going to have to
5 > learn UEFI, grub, and parted all at once. I'll start a new thread
6 > tomorrow once I have my config files copied off. Then I'll install UEFI
7 > mode properly.
8
9 UEFI is dead simple, and you can use gdisk, which is the GPT variant of
10 fdisk. So that only leave the boot manager to learn, and if you don't
11 already know GRUB, I'd say start with something simpler.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 The number one cause of computer problems is computer solutions.