From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: audio with TV crd
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:44:43
1 On 23 July 2006 02:38, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:18:48 +0100
3
4 > I find that tv:// doesn't work at all when using composite in, but
5 > /dev/video0 does.
6
7 So far, I have to agree.
10 > My device also has one physical line in (two plugs, red=right, white=left),
11 > but ivtvctl -A shows four line-ins! I find that all of -q1, -q2, -q3 work
12 > with the line-in. -q0 is the tuner and -q4 is static.
13 >
14 > nick@media:~$ ivtvctl -A
15 > ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMAUDIO
16 > Input : 0
17 > Name : Tuner Audio In
18 >
19 > Input : 1
20 > Name : Audio Line 1
21 >
22 > Input : 2
23 > Name : Audio Line 2
24 >
25 > Input : 3
26 > Name : Audio Line 3
27 >
28 > Input : 4
29 > Name : Audio Line 4
30 >
31 > Are you really sure that there is an audio signal coming out the line thats
32 > plugged into the line-in? (Obvious I know!)
33
34 Yes. If I plug that line into Line IN of my soundcard I get audio. I actually
35 tried to feed composite into the TV card and audio into my soundcard.
36 Used "mplayer /dev/video0" and it kind of worked. But it isn't a solution for
37 two reasons:
38
39 1.
40 Audio and video are far out of sync that way.
41
42 2.
43 My goal isn't to watch tapes but to burn old tapes to DVDs. For that, I need
44 the MPEG2 stream coming out of /dev/video0 to be combined video and audio.
45
46 Uwe
49 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
50 http://www.SysEx.com.na
51 --
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list