From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update fails, but I don't see why [PROGRESS]
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 08:35:43
1 On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 at 08:46, n952162 <n952162@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Well, yes, the current version, indeed requires python3_8. The version
3 > that was installed on my system, however, to be updated, listed
4 > python3_7 in the PYTHON_TARGETS section. That was the only difference
5 > between the two packages in the collision. It apparently disqualified
6 > the update with a slot conflict.
7
8 I tried walking you through the massive output from portage on one of
9 these conflicts last week, was it helpful? The point either way, was
10 that the slot conflict is not setuptools itself, but further down the
11 dependency chain, where some package is unable to update to python
12 3.8, and it's dragging its dependencies back with it.
13
14 Regards,
15 Arve