From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel assistance building initramfs
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:18:39
1 On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 [snip]
4
5 > I might also add, genkernel is stable and has been for ages.  It's been
6 > a while since I tried it but the last time I did, it failed miserably.
7 > It 'claimed' everything worked fine but when I booted, it failed.  I got
8 > the old blinky keyboard lights treatment.  :/
9 >
10 > Just because something isn't marked stable doesn't mean it doesn't work.
11 >  I would guess that half the stuff on my system as I type, is not
12 > stable.  That would include all of KDE, portage and related tools plus
13 > no telling how many other deps that got pulled in.
14
15 Oh, certainly. Sometimes, I have to unmask packages (or versions
16 thereof) because I know of upstream fixes I want or need.
17
18 As a general rule, though, I avoid doing it unless I have specific,
19 strong and compelling need.
22 > Time to eat.  That init thingy sucked it out of me a while back.  After
23 > a week of snacking on quick junk food, I'm hungry.  I actually went
24 > outside yesterday.  o_O
25
26 Beautiful spring weather up here in Michigan, clear skies and
27 everything. I just hope it stays something like this for my wedding in
28 a couple weeks.
31 :wq