From: Nikodemus Karlsson <nikodemus@×××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Update installed packages, but not install new ones
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:24:51
1 Hi,
2 almost every time when I do a complete packages upgrade using emerge -u world,
3 portage flags for new packages which is going to be installed. Is there an
4 option to get rid of this behavior, so I only get the updated packages with
5 one command? In the meantime, the upgrade flags for install of a package
6 "uw-mailutils-2004g", which conflicts with pine. I don't want
7 uw-mailutils-2004g, but I want pine. Ok, it's easy to upgrade manually all
8 the packages except uw-mailutils-2004g, but then I lose the convinience with
9 the world file, even in the future. Anyone who knows how to solve this
10 problem?
11
12 TIA
13 Nikodemus