From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC upgrade from 4.5.3 to 4.5.4 automatically removes 4.5.3???? Wtf???
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 12:56:04
1 On 2012-09-07 7:44 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Tanstaafl<tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> This has never happened to me before...
4 >>
5 >> Since when did a simple GCC upgrade *automatically* REMOVE my prior GCC
6 >> install???
7 >>
8 >> I have *always* kept my prior GCC around for a while, if not until the next
9 >> upgrade, just as something to fall back on if the current one breaks.
10 >>
11 >> I am NOT a happy camper.
12
13 > This always happens if the gcc your are upgrading to is in the same
14 > slot as the previous one.
15
16 Well, I've been managing this gentoo server since I installed it over 8
17 years ago, and I don't *ever* recall a GCC upgrade removing my prior
18 version.
19
20 > And please write proper subject on emails. "WTF" is not really
21 > appropriate for a mailing list.
22
23 Don't be stupid. I see that all the time... if you don't like it just
24 ignore it.