From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] update gentoo without network
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 06:49:22
1 I have gentoo system A (~x86) on a network that does not allow portage
2 access to internet due to some authentication issue. System B (~amd64)
3 is on another network with no such restrictions.
4
5 To bypass the restrictions I made a copy of A on a removable media,
6 chroot into it from B and 'emerge-webrsync; emerge --fetchonly' from
7 there. Then attach the media to A and overwrite /usr/portage with the
8 updated one from the removable media.
9
10 This works but updating the chroot from B always re-downloads all the
11 packages since the first time I created the chroot, not only those from
12 the last update. I suppose portage maintains a database of the installed
13 packages that I need to copy back to the removable media after each
14 system A update, but where is it?
15
16 thanks,
17