From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: update gentoo without network
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:35:26
1 Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > I have gentoo system A (~x86) on a network that does not allow portage
3 > access to internet due to some authentication issue. System B (~amd64)
4 > is on another network with no such restrictions.
5 >
6 > To bypass the restrictions I made a copy of A on a removable media,
7 > chroot into it from B and 'emerge-webrsync; emerge --fetchonly' from
8 > there. Then attach the media to A and overwrite /usr/portage with the
9 > updated one from the removable media.
10 >
11 > This works but updating the chroot from B always re-downloads all the
12 > packages since the first time I created the chroot, not only those from
13 > the last update. I suppose portage maintains a database of the installed
14 > packages that I need to copy back to the removable media after each
15 > system A update, but where is it?
16
17 I suppose the database I'm looking for is /var/db/pkg, right?
18
19 raffaele