From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] open source monitoring on gentoo
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:54:53
1 On Friday 24 Jun 2011 10:15:54 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Greets,
3 >
4 > I am looking for a nagios-type monitoring system which I can run on gentoo.
5 >
6 > The requirement is that the customer should be able to add/edit hosts
7 > and services via web-GUI ... there is no cli-motivation available there ;-)
8 >
9 > Second wish would be that the GUI should be available in german language
10 > as well (customer in austria).
11 >
12 > I have nagios running there already so I would like to migrate the
13 > existing stuff into the new system.
14 >
15 > Do you gentoo-users have a recommendation for me?
16 >
17 > I dug through various lists of monitoring systems but somehow got lost ...
18 >
19 > Thanks, Stefan
20
21 Nagios will install and run fine on Gentoo. So should JFFNMS:
22
23 http://www.jffnms.org/
24
25 So should ZENOSS - although I am not sure which overlay it may be in:
26
27 http://community.zenoss.org/index.jspa
30 However, I have only used Nagios, so cannot compare with other monitoring
31 applications. With regards to using a GUI to manage Nagios there's a few of
32 those available and more are coming out by the day it seems:
33
34 http://www.ducea.com/2008/01/16/10-nagios-web-frontends/
35
36 Out of these I've only used Nagmin and quickly went back to vim ... ;-)
37 --
38 Regards,
39 Mick