From: Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd not shutting down all the way
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 06:03:26
1 On June 6, 2014 01:27:51 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi. Whenever I issue the command shutdown -h now to shutdown the
3 > system, having booted under systemd, the computer never actually shuts
4 > down. It does stop some services, but eventually just sits there --
5 > about the last one I see is something about sound card state and that is
6 > all, it just waits there forever. How can I trouble shoot this problem?
7 > There is no gui running before I issue the shutdown command.
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
10
11 First, try 'systemctl halt' or 'systemctl poweroff', see if that works
12 any better. I recall getting some warning on a previous systemd
13 installation (no longer exists) that the way I was shutting down might
14 not be working with systemd properly, though it wasn't a problem for
15 me (I vaguely I recall I was using poweroff and switched to shutdown).
16
17 Otherwise, you might want to try some of the debugging choices here:
18
19 http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Debugging/#diagnosingshutdownproblems
20
21 Cheers,