From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 02:58:00
William Kenworthy wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 19:02 -0500, Dale wrote: >> Canek Peláez Valdés wrote: >> >>> >>> I do. I don't use LVM, so i didn't had neither USE=device-mapper, nor >>> DRACUT_MODULES=lvm, so I add them. Then I tried to create my initramfs >>> with LVM, and like in your case, it failed. Using the --debug option > > Dale, with genkernel you have to tell it to start LVM on the kernel > commandline ("dolvm") which triggers a script within the initramfs - do > you have to do the same thing with dracut? > > BillK >
Well, I dunno. I know how to find out tho. < dale adds dolvm to his kernel line and is about to reboot > If I ain't back in a few minutes, send help. . . quick. lol Also, see the other new thread. I think Walt has the same thing. BRB Dale :-) :-) -- I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words! Miss the compile output? Hint: EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"