From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Less OT] Tally ho! - RC Flight Sims on Linux
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:56:54
1 Joost Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Monday 30 June 2014 15:40:02 microcai wrote:
3 >> 在 2014年6月30日 星期一 09:17:02,Joost Roeleveld 写道:
4 >>> We can turn this into a computer related thread.
5 >>>
6 >>> Anyone know of a way to get a flight-sim (for model planes) to run on
7 >>> Linux?
8 >>>
9 >>> I have a legit copy of Realflight ( http://www.realflight.com ) and
10 >>> occasionally have to boot into a legit copy (yes, all my software is 100%
11 >>> legit) of MS Windows.
12 >> X-plane ?
13 > Not what I'm looking for.
14 > That simulates 1:1 scale planes (full size).
15 >
16 > I am talking about one I can use to practice flying without risking my real
17 > planes on the first attempt. I need one where I can use my own transmitter
18 > connected to the computer. There are cables to hook them up to the USB-port.
19 >
20 > But the problem is finding a decent one that actually runs on Linux. All the
21 > commercial ones I can find are MS Windows only.
22 >
23 > --
24 > Joost
28 Don't forget, there was a guitar that ran Gentoo Linux too. Heck, did
29 plane engines have puters even back then? I know they do now, at least
30 according to all the stuff I see on TV. I don't think puter stuff
31 started until like in the 80's or something tho.
32
33 M$ Windoze. Yuck! I wouldn't put that stuff on my rig.
34
35 Dale
36